Tabrez Ansari’s wife threatens fast-unto-death

first_img “My husband died due to mob attack by residents of Dhatkidih village and negligence on part of police and doctors during his treatment at Seraikela district headquarters hospital on June 22,” Ms. Pervez asserted in her memorandum submitted to the district’s top two officials. “I need a copy of autopsy reports as well as medical records for my next course of action,” she added.Reports yet to be givenShe asserted that the police had misrepresented facts about ‘the murder’ in the court and sought punishment under section 304 of IPC, instead of capital punishment under section 302 of IPC. Family members of Tabrez had sought these key documents on August 30, but the reports were not supplied to them.“We are committed to take the case to its logical end,” said Mr. Alam. “We suspect that there is concerted effort to weaken the case and let off the culprits. Even today, we were not given any records and asked to collect those from court,” alleged Mr. Alam.Tabrez’s wife wanted to know the names of the doctors and their line of treatment during admission of her husband in Seraikela district headquarters hospital and Seraikela jail. She had earlier demanded a CBI probe alleging that proper investigation had not been conducted in the case.Also Read Keeping the pressure on the Jharkhand administration, Sahista Pervez, wife of Tabrez Ansari, the lynching victim, on Monday threatened to sit on a fast-unto-death if she was not supplied copies of the post-mortem report and reports by the team of doctors, who had treated her husband.Ms. Pervez and Tabrez’s uncle Md Mansoor Alam met Seraikela-Kharsawan Deputy Commissioner Anjaneyulu Dodde demanding a copy of the post-mortem report. She also met Seraikela-Kharsawan Superintendent of Police Karthik. S and sought key records.Also Read Tabrez Ansari lynching case: Centre will speak to Jharkhand govt, says Kishan Reddy Tabrez Ansari’s wife demands CBI probe into his death  In April, the 24-year-old youth, who was working as a welder in Pune, had returned to his village Kadamdia, 15 km from the district headquarters town of Seraikela, to get married. On April 27, his marriage was solemnized with Ms. Pervez. The couple was planning to return to Pune after some days.But on June 17 night, some people of Dhatkidih village, a few kilometres from his house, caught hold of him and branded him a thief. He was beaten up by a mob for a whole night and forced to chant ‘Jai Hanuman’ and ‘Jai Sriram’. On June 22, he succumbed to injuries, while in judicial custody. It was alleged that Tabrez was not given proper and timely medical attention.Eleven persons have so far been charge-sheeted in the case and investigation is still to be completed against two more persons, as they were apprehended later.The Seraikela police had dropped murder charges against the accused contending that Tabrez had died of a cardiac arrest due to stress and had not died as a result of his injuries.last_img

Published by

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *