Interim results paint rosy picture for Compco

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

BI continues to intervene in markets as foreigners sell Indonesian securities

first_imgThe central bank governor said BI would continue to intervene to stabilize the bond market as well as the rupiah. BI had intervened in the spot market, the domestic non-deliverable forward (NDF) market and by buying SBN, he added.”We have intervened by buying SBN as foreign investors post sell-offs. Of the Rp 100 trillion, [we spent] Rp 87 trillion since the end of January,” Perry told reporters during a media briefing in Jakarta on Friday.Perry said foreign investors’ sell-offs occurred worldwide due to the coronavirus crisis, adding that Indonesia actually performed better than other countries in Asia.”We are also coordinating with the Finance Ministry to stabilize the macroeconomy to mitigate the downside risks of the coronavirus crisis,” he added.As reported earlier, the central bank has slashed its benchmark interest rate by 25 basis points to 4.75 percent to encourage lending and boost economic growth, which has dropped to a four-year low level of 5.02 percent in 2019.The government has also announced a Rp 10.3 trillion stimulus package that is expected to boost consumer spending and reinvigorate Indonesia’s tourist industry, which has been hard hit by the deadly coronavirus.Topics : Bank Indonesia (BI) has pumped Rp 87 trillion (US$6.2 billion) into the domestic bond markets so far this month as big sell-offs sent stock markets around the world into a tailspin amid fears over the global spread of the coronavirus.As of Thursday, foreign investors had sold off Rp 26.2 trillion worth of government debt papers (SBN) throughout February, BI Governor Perry Warjiyo said on Friday. Foreigners had sold a net Rp 4.1 trillion worth of stocks over the same period, he added.The benchmark Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) touched a low of 5,290 points at 10:55 a.m., a level unseen since December 2016 and down 4.4 percent from Thursday’s close. That adds to a 2.69 percent plunge on Thursday. The rupiah had weakened by 1.08 percent to Rp 14,000 against the US dollar, Perry said.last_img read more

Hamptons style home is an idyllic fit for luxury living

first_imgInside 28 First St, Camp HillDownstairs is a fourth bedroom, bathroom, laundry and garage. Mr Whitehouse said the design allowed them to achieve the majority of living on the one floor. Inside 28 First St, Camp Hill“We were able to create a family- friendly space that offers a single-level living lifestyle,” he said. Inside 28 First St, Camp HillMrs Whitehouse said the home would appeal to family buyers.“You’ve got the ability to see out to the pool and garden area from the main living spaces,” she said. “Or entertain guests without disturbing the kids in their rooms.” 28 First St, Camp HillWhen Kate and Luke Whitehouse purchased the property at 28 First St, Camp Hill in 2016, the initial plan was to renovate and restore the existing home, but that wasn’t to be. Inside 28 First St, Camp HillMrs Whitehouse said the couple had purchased the home after noticing strong growth among gentrified homes in the area. The home at 28 First St, Camp HillThere are also four bedrooms, including the master suite with a walk-in wardrobe, ensuite and balcony, and an extra bathroom.center_img The home at 28 First St, Camp Hill“We were clear on the design that we wanted to move forward with,” said Mr Whitehouse. “But after noticing a few issues with the original home, we decided to demolish and build new. It made life a lot easier to start again.” Inside 28 First St, Camp HillThe two-level home spans over 556sq m of land. On the upper floor there is an open-plan family area, kitchen, study nook and living and dining space which opens out to the outdoor deck and pool. Inside 28 First St, Camp HillMrs Whitehouse said there was a strong community feel to the neighbourhood. The home at 28 First St, Camp HillMore from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus20 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market20 hours ago“It was the worst house in the best street,” she said.“We knew how fast the area was progressing, and saw it as a golden opportunity to get into the market. “The location was good and the block size was bigger than average. We could see its potential right away.”last_img read more

Keppel to Build Greater Changhua Offshore Substations

first_imgSingapore-based Keppel FELS Ltd has secured a contract from Ørsted to provide two offshore substations for the Greater Changhua wind sites in Taiwan.Valued at more than SGD 150 million (around EUR 98 million), the contract comprises detailed engineering, procurement, construction, testing and commissioning for two 600MW substations. It excludes certain electrical components to be furnished by Ørsted.The work scope of Keppel FELS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd (Keppel O&M), is scheduled for completion in the third quarter of 2021.Tan Leong Peng, Executive Director (Offshore) of Keppel O&M, said: “Offshore wind energy continues to gain traction around the world, and a large number of wind farms are under planning and construction. We have been able to leverage and extend our capabilities in offshore engineering and construction to provide services and solutions for this fast-growing adjacent sector, supporting the evolving needs of the energy industry.”Ørsted’s Greater Changhua offshore wind sites in Taiwan have a total potential capacity of 2.4GW, with a total of approximately 1.8GW scheduled for buildout in 2021 and 2025. This includes the 900MW Changhua 1 and 2a offshore wind farm for which the Danish developer took a final investment decision at the end of April.Taiwan plans to achieve 5.5GW of installed capacity for offshore wind by 2025. The country has also set an indicative target of 10-17GW by 2030.last_img read more

25th annual Tiny Lund Memorial this weekend at Shelby County Speedway

first_imgHARLAN, Iowa – Shelby County Speedway’s 25th annual Tiny Lund Memorial features five IMCA sanctioned divisions on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 15 and 16 programs.Top checks on opening night are $700 for the IMCA Modifieds, $400 for the IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars and Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods, $350 for IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks and $150 for Mach-1 Sport Compacts.Saturday features pay $1,000 to win for the Modifieds, $850 for the Stocks, $750 for the SportMods, $500 for the Hobbies and $250 for the Sport Compacts.The Saturday Modified feature is a qualifying event for the 2018 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot.IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly National and All­star Performance State points will be awarded in all divi­sions. Regional points will be given to Modified, Stock Car and Hobby Stock drivers.Entry fees are $30 and can be mailed to Shelby County Speedway at 1003 Road M56, Harlan, Iowa, 51537.Pit gates at Harlan open at 3 p.m., hot laps are at 5 p.m. and the mandatory pit meeting is at 5:30 p.m. Racing starts at 6 p.m. Spectator admission is $15 for adults, $10 for stu­dents and free for five and under. No promotional tickets will be accepted. Pit passes are $30.Camping will be available on the grounds. The Cody Hicks concert follows Friday racing in the pit area.More information is on the www.racescs.com web­site.last_img read more

Ramsey hailed as ‘massive’ presence

first_imgArsene Wenger is hoping the “massive” presence of Aaron Ramsey can help Arsenal preserve their four-point lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League when the midfielder returns to former club Cardiff on Saturday. Wales international Ramsey is enjoying a stand-out campaign, having scored 11 goals for the Gunners. The Caerphilly-born 22-year-old has come a long way since leaving south Wales as a raw talent in a £5million deal during the summer of 2008 – with Cardiff manager Malky Makay describing Ramsey as “one of the best performers in Europe” on current form. Wenger hopes Ramsey will continue to relish his role at the heartbeat of the side. “Aaron [Ramsey] has first a fantastic engine. I believe his defensive awareness has improved, his defensive qualities have improved and his defensive score is very strong now,” Wenger told Arsenal Player. “After that he has a huge desire to play every single ball. He wins the 50:50s – that was not the case a year ago. “If you let him, he takes the ball at the back, passes to himself in midfield and passes to himself up front because he wants the ball so much. “That is why his presence is so massive in a game.” England midfielder Jack Wilshere was himself among the goals as his brace helped sink Marseille 2-0 in the Champions League on Tuesday night to move Wenger’s team to within touching distance of the knockout stages. Wilshere needed less than 30 seconds to sweep the home side ahead, clipping home following a swift break down the right, in a display which left a clear impression on his manager. “It demands vision, it demands calmness, it demands quality execution and he had all that in that goal. I would say his [first goal was] absolutely stunning,” said Wenger. “I must say I was even surprised by the way he took that goal. That shows his belief in his finishing has gone up a lot.” Wenger continued: “We have him and [Aaron] Ramsey who can score now and that’s a huge improvement. “Before we had Ramsey, two goals per year and Wilshere, two goals per year. To see them scoring goals is magnificent.” Arsenal confirmed some sad news on Thursday, with the announcement former captain and assistant manager Pat Rice was in hospital receiving treatment for cancer. Wenger paid tribute to his close friend, who had been Arsenal’s number two since 1996 until retiring at the end of last season. “Not only do we love him, but of course we are very grateful for what he has done here,” said Wenger of the popular 64-year-old former Northern Ireland defender. “We are in touch with him, but I trust his legendary strength to get over it. “I am confident that he still has the fighting spirit he always had to get over it and that he will come out in a successful way.” Left-back Kieran Gibbs missed the European tie through illness, but will be in contention again at Cardiff Press Associationlast_img read more

Ilori dreaming of Euro title

first_img Even by that point Ilori was a keen footballer – driven in no small part by competition with his brother – but his education truly began in Portugal, with his performances for Imortal in Albufeira impressing Sporting. For a long while the family made the 300-mile round-trip to Lisbon at weekends just so he could play, before eventually making the decision to up sticks and move to the Portuguese capital. It was a wrench given Ilori’s siblings were settled in school and his parents ran a restaurant, and the move looked to have gone sour when the young defender was effectively released aged 14. Sporting promised to keep tabs when he joined up with Estoril and they were suitably impressed by his progress, leading him to return to a club where he would move into the first-team before joining Liverpool. It is fair to say things have not gone to plan since the move to Anfield, but there does now appear to be light at the end of the tunnel. The powers that be are said to be keen to extend Ilori’s contract and he will return to pre-season fit for the first time since moving to Anfield. “He is determined to make a success of it at Liverpool,” Kola said. “You don’t give up on it lightly. “There’s a long list of central defenders, as we well know, in front of him, but that’s the way it goes in football.” Kola will be there to support Tiago regardless of how it pans out, making the journey to see him play wherever it may be. For now that means he is in Olomouc with eldest son Ricardo and they hope a trip to Prague for the tournament finale is also on the cards. Whatever happens, this will be a memorable summer for Ilori given his partner is expecting their first child at the end of July. If he can add a European Championship medal before that, then this dream summer may well be one which excites Liverpool fans and leaves the Football Association ruing what could have been. Press Association Tiago Ilori is the sole British player left competing in the Czech Republic, albeit the Hampstead-born defender is donning the famous green and red of Portugal. His name will pique the interest of many Premier League fans, especially those with connections to the red side of Merseyside. As the post-mortem into England’s latest failure continues, a young player from north London is still dreaming of lifting the Under-21 European Championship. Ilori joined Liverpool two years ago in a £7million deal from Sporting Lisbon, but has yet to make his Reds debut having been farmed out on loan to Granada and Bordeaux. Brendan Rodgers has not given up the on the 22-year-old, though, and he is certainly not doing himself any harm with his displays in the Czech Republic – even if he ends up missing Saturday’s mouth-watering semi-final against Germany through injury. It would be a big blow for Ilori given he started all three matches as Portugal topped Group B, opening the tournament with a 1-0 win against England – a country he is still eligible to represent, even if a change of heart now appears unlikely. “I think Tiago, if you ask him, his allegiance football-wise is definitely Portugal,” Ilori’s father Kola, who hails from Camden, said on the eve of the semi-final. “It’s where he has been. I think there’s seven guys that came the Sporting ranks so he is pretty close to them.” Ilori came through at Sporting with the likes of William Carvalho, Joao Mario and Ricardo Esgaio, although their route to this point could not have been much different. Born to a Portuguese mother, Sao, and Nigerian-English father, Kola, the defender grew up in Hampstead with older siblings Ricardo and Karlaa. His auntie nicknamed him Charles as a kid given his plummy accent was so similar to Prince Charles’, but that softened after the family swapped north London for the Algarve when he was seven. last_img read more

Williams happy to be back despite loss

first_img(Reuters) – Serena Williams was pleased to get back on court despite losing what was her first match in almost a year, against Jelena Ostapenko, at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi on Saturday.It was Williams’ first outing since winning her 23rd grand slam singles title at the Australian Open in January, while pregnant, before taking time out to have the baby.But she failed to fully rediscover her rhythm and quickly dropped the first set 6-2 to the Latvian Ostapenko, the French Open champion.The 36-year-old American roared back to win the second set 6-3 before losing the decisive tiebreak 10-5 in the exhibition match.Tennis – Mubadala World Tennis Championship – Women’s Finals – Abu Dhabi, UAE – December 30, 2017. Jelena Ostapenko of Latvia in action against Serena Williams of the U.S. . REUTERS/Satish KumarWilliams admitted her mind wandered to her child, Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr., during the match.“Motherhood is phenomenal. I was a little worried out there and I looked at my camp and I was like ‘Is Olympia ok?’. But it’s really good,” she said in her on-court interview.”I‘m excited, it’s good to be back on the court. This was such a good time for me.“It’s my first time playing in Abu Dhabi so thank you guys for the support. First matches back are always super incredibly hard, especially after having a baby but it was great, I’m glad I could do it here.”Williams has registered for the Australian Open, which begins on Jan. 15 at Melbourne Park.last_img read more

Russell, Maxwell but no AB de Villiers for main Hundred draft

first_imgANDRE Russell, Glenn Maxwell and Harbhajan Singh are among 165 overseas players to have registered for the inaugural draft of The Hundred, ESPNcricinfo revealed.The first handful of overseas stars who have signed up for the tournament were released on Tuesday, and included many of the biggest names on the T20 circuit, including Rashid Khan, Chris Gayle, David Warner, Aaron Finch and Babar Azam.The full list of overseas players, ahead of the main player draft on October 20, includes players from 11 different countries, including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Ireland and Nepal.The most notable absentee comes in the form of AB de Villiers, who had previously expressed his interest to play in the competition. de Villiers said in January that he was open to playing in the tournament, but ESPNcricinfo understands that he has no plans to do so.It is understood that de Villiers’ primary concern is not about money – the top band of draft picks will be paid £125 000 for their involvement in the tournament – but instead scheduling, with each team’s eight group games spread out over the course of a month rather than a shorter time period.He is due to play in the Big Bash League this winter for Brisbane Heat, and remains one of the most sought-after figures on the global T20 circuit, so his non-involvement represents something of a blow to the competition.As anticipated, India’s white-ball stars like Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli and Jasprit Bumrah have not entered the draft, in line with the BCCI’s refusal to allow active internationals to play in overseas domestic leagues that rival the IPL.Harbhajan is the only Indian player to have registered, and may have to announce his retirement from international cricket if he is picked up. (ESPN Cricinfo)last_img read more

Roundup

first_imgThe following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Wednesday, Aug. 29 and Thursday, Aug. 30. Crimes against a personAt 3:48 a.m. on Aug. 30, two suspects approached a non-USC male from behind on the intersection of Jefferson Boulevard and Catalina Street. One of the suspects punched him in the face. The male fell to the ground and, while he lie there, one of the suspects removed his wallet from his pants pocket. The suspect then took the victim’s currency from the wallet and both suspects fled on foot. DPS officers responded and conducted a search, but were unable to locate the suspects.Crimes against propertyAt 1:54 p.m. on  Aug. 29 a student reported that her laptop computer was removed from a bench in the lobby of the School of Cinematic Arts. A subsequent investigation by DPS and LAPD detectives revealed that the property was removed by a staff member. The detectives recovered the computer in the trunk of the staff member’s vehicle at her residence. The suspect was arrested and transported to 77th station for booking.Miscellaneous incidentsAt 1:39 a.m. DPS officers and LAFD Unit #15 responded to a report of smoke inside a room at Alpha Phi sorority. A subsequent check of the building revealed that the source of the smoke was a faulty air conditioning system. No fire was found and LAFD cleared the building for reentry.At 12:22 a.m. on Aug. 30, currency, a check, a debit card and two IDs were found at Parking Lot 6 and turned in to DPS Lost & Found.At 1:20 p.m. on Aug. 29, DPS officers responded to a report of a chemical spill in an operating room at the Keck Hospital of USC. Safety Office personnel also responded and cleaned up the spill without incident.last_img read more